DIY | Leather Hair Bow

 I do occasionally like to do a few DIYs in my free time, and I thought that maybe I should take the time to do blog posts about them. Who knows, maybe I'll inspire someone!

After seeing a street style picture of an over-sized leather bow, I knew that I had to have one of my own! I did a little bit of shopping about online, but I couldn't find any that were nice and in my price range, so I decided to make myself one!



What you will need:
 A small piece of leather (mine was a sofa sample from ebay) a glue gun, a pair of scissors and some large hair clips.

First of all, you will need to cut your leather to size.

Once you have done that, flip your piece of leather over and fold the edges into the middle overlapping slightly. Then use your glue gun to glue down the center. Sick it down firmly.



Flip your bow back over and pinch the middle to create the bow's shape. You may want to use some tread to secure the shape.




Cut another piece of leather long enough to go around the middle of your bow and overlap slightly, The glue it down.


Lastly, get your big clip and sick it down with your glue gun and you're done! It looks a bit messy at the back, but nobody will see. All together this DIY cost me about £4- £8 if you don't already own a glue gun, which I think you should because they're very very useful.

Let me know what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. I love DIY posts and this one is so cute! Love it!

    allthingscass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DIY! Very cute.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I used to wear bows and I totally missed them! I'd love to try this.

    -dorkyisthenewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete